1. PROGRAMME DESIGN, MANAGEMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION (DIAMOND MODEL)
WASTE looks at programme design and management from a sustainability, scaling and innovation perspective. With our Diamond model, we use a multi-stakeholder approach to develop and implement local sanitation and solid waste management systems that are both sustainable and scalable.
1. Support in designing, executing and managing Public Private Partnerships (PPP) in sanitation and solid waste management that focus on business development, innovative financing and scaling.
2. Monitoring and evaluation of your programme.
1. FINISH MONDIAL
View our FINISH Mondial project
2. ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT
We have developed tools to strengthen entrepreneurial management skills through capacity building in business and technical skills of businesses in sanitation and solid waste management. We guide and develop practical tools for entrepreneurs to develop and run their business.
1. Support in professionalising activities of small businesses and informal sector.
2. Tailor-made training modules and manuals on enterprise development.
3. Development of business models and plans, and matching these with financial institutions.
1. Mini Desludging Unit programme, Ethiopia
2. EJOM – Creating jobs for Young People programme, Mali
3. FINISH INK, Kenya
We excel in developing strategies to integrate innovative financing instruments that are appropriate for financing the scaling of sanitation and solid waste management initiatives. These financing instruments include credits, revolving funds, Micro Finance Institutions, group or cooperative models, impact bonds and more.
1. Support in incorporating financial innovation when designing sanitation and solid waste management programmes.
2. Support in connecting customers and businesses to financiers (e.g. MFIs, banks).
3. FINISH MONDIAL
4. SYSTEM DESIGN FROM COLLECTION TO RESOURCE RECOVERY & RECYCLING
We can examine and analyse the different elements in sanitation and solid waste management systems to improve its sustainability. With the use of our Integrated Sustainable Waste Management (ISWM) approach, we offer business and technical strategies to improve the sustainability of the system.
1. City scan and baseline assessment
2. Design of sanitation and solid waste management at city scale
3. Advise on collection, transportation, treatment, and recycling activities
4. Research on technical and business aspects of sanitation and solid waste management
5. Design and advise on emergency sanitation
5. CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT AND CUSTOM-MADE TRAININGS
We can help you to develop the capacity of key stakeholders in waste management by enriching them to make better and informed decisions in sanitation and solid waste management.
1. Tailor-made training modules and manuals on the ISWM, the Diamond model, PPP, business development, innovative financing, plastic recycling, etc.
2. Coaching of decision makers in sanitation and solid waste management
1. Support Isuku Iwacu SNV/WVI Rwanda
2. ISWA composting strategy Dar Es Salaam
View our ISWA Composting project.