Closing date: 4 December 2023
WASTE is executing a new programme in India called FINILOOP, with the support of local implementation partner Trust of People (TOP). FINILOOP has the aim to improve solid and plastic waste management in cities while improving the livelihood of the waste worker community and foster innovation through business support. As part of the business support component of the programme, WASTE is engaging a MSME Business Developer and Coach to lead and support business growth of start-ups, existing enterprises and Self-Help Groups (SHG) in plastic waste management in three FINILOOP cities in India.
- Guiding business support of existing micro, small and medium sized enterprises (MSMEs) and SHGs: To steer TOP staff in executing FINILOOP business development programme in the three cities and provide guidance to the coaching process.
- Providing training (ToT) and coaching (TOC): According to the needs of TOP staff and the existing entrepreneurs.
- Develop a database of potential financial institutions and mapping of their requirements.
- Supporting access to finance: Identify opportunities with financial institutions in the city/region/country/globally and do advocacy for loans and financial assistance. Identify governmental finance opportunities for SHGs and MSMEs.
- Matchmaking: Facilitate interaction between startups, entrepreneurs and finance institutions.
- Identifying gaps: Identify gaps in the enabling environment (institutional, legal, fiscal) to facilitate existing entrepreneurs and to create an investment-friendly environment in the cities.
- Exploring innovative finance models such as plastic credits, EPR funding, CSR funding, etc, develop framework initiatives and give recommendations on how to integrate these mechanisms in the FINILOOP programme.
- Identifying/developing viable business models in plastic waste management.
- The ideal candidate should have completed an MBA with experience in MSME entrepreneurship development and coaching, both as a coach and guiding coaches.
- You have at least five years of demonstratable experience in the following areas: MSME business development and coaching
- Experience in one or more of the following themes in a development cooperation context: solid and/or plastic waste management, climate change issues and sustainable use of resources, circular economy, social issues, strengthening of informal sector.
- Willing to travel to and within India frequently
- Fluent in English and Hindi spoken and written
- Position for 32-36 hours per week
- A challenging work environment that will help you grow
- Become a member of an international team
- Fair financial compensation and good secondary labour conditions
Salary indication Scale 10 Sr. Expert €3,500 – €4,500 gross per month on a full-time basis (36 hours per week), including holiday allowance and end of year bonus.
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Contract of employment for one year, with possibility of extension
The applicant resides in the Netherlands and is in possession of a valid Dutch work permit with ability to travel frequently to India.
To apply, please submit a motivational letter (no more than 1 A4 page) and your CV (no more than 3 pages) to [email protected], with reference to this vacancy. Find out more information on the FINILOOP programme here.
The closing date for submission of applications is 4 December 2023. Interviews will be held shortly after. Due to the sheer number of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.