Plastic waste recycling | Catalogue of machinery
Valorisation of plastics
This catalogue shows a selected number of machines suitable for the valorisation of plastics into
products which can be used as secondary material for the plastics industry. The first chapter gives a short explanation on plastics, the types and how they can be recycled or valorised. Then the various valorisation processes are shown in diagrams with a reference to the machines that can be used during the various valorisation steps. The second part of this catalogue lists a selection of different machines mentioned in the diagrams. It has an image and if available a technical drawing. Furthermore an explication on the machine:
- Type of machine and the possibility to build it in Mali
- Production capacity either in weight / hour or weight per time of usage
- An estimation of the costs (EURO) (based on the prices in 2019 and excluding the costs of
transport from India to Dakar which would be 4,000 – 6,000 Euro per container
- Electricity usage of the machine either in HP (horsepower) or KW (kilo watts)
- Options for maintenance and availability spare parts and other remarks.
This publication was developed by WASTE advisers Sethupathy Azhaganandam, Sophie van den Berg, and Verele de Vreede, for the EJOM project in Mali.